- Shrub to 2 m tall.
- Leaves are oblong and strongly toothed, 2.5 to 5 cm long, that are aromatic when crushed.
- Yellow flowers are borne in heads at the branch tips.
Distribution and Habitat
- North Island, Hicks Bay to the Mahia Peninsula, in coastal forest.
- Habitat modification and loss.
- Survey for new locations.
- Mark known sites.
- Protection of habitat.
- Ensure that forest owners are aware of potential habitats and can recognise the species.
- Check existing populations annually.
- Report new locations to DOC, NZPCN.
Further Information and Support
- New Zealand Plant Conservation Network (NZPCN). http://www.nzpcn.org.nz
- Poole & Adams (1994). Trees and shrubs of New Zealand. Maanaki Whenua Press, Lincoln